The Finance Project’s provides a range of training services to help our clients address critical financing and sustainability challenges. We provide training support for groups of grantees and organizations on behalf of foundations and government agencies, and well as for state and local officials, foundation executives, and state and community advocates.
Training approaches include:
- In -depth orientation to The Finance Project’s tools and resources;
- Step-by-step instructions in how to facilitate each component of a planning process;
- Time to test out and apply tools through case exercises and interactive training sessions;
- Guidance in how to adapt and tailor the tools and methods based on each initiative's unique needs; and
- Follow-up support and coaching to guide implementation.
The Finance Project's training services include:
- Sustainability Training Institute - to build local capacity for developing effective sustainability plans and strategies for a variety of clients including facilitators, program leaders, grantees, and individuals. The Finance Project's Sustainability Planning Workbook is based on a decade of field experience and is used as the foundation for the Institute's training services.
- Fiscal Management - to help nonprofit executives understand the basic elements of their fiscal management systems and improve their management skills.
The Finance Project also provides customized research and analysis services to ensure our clients have the critical information they need to make good decisions about their work and technical assistance services to help leaders finance and sustain promising state and community initiatives.